Thursday, March 03, 2005

Look what I got!


Look what I got!, originally uploaded by Hack Rambler.

"He's everyones favorite action hero... but he's a hero with a difference. Angus Macgyver (Richard Dean Anderson) is a secret agent whose wits are his deadliest weapon. Armed with only a knapsack filled with everyday items he picks up along the way, he improvises his way out of every peril the bad guys throw at him.

Making a bomb out of chewing gum? Fixing a speeding car's brakes... while he's riding in it? Using soda pop to cook up tear gas? That's all in a day's adventures for Macgyver. He's part Boy Scout, part genius. And all hero."

5 comments:

Heather said...

whoa. i just watched part of an episode yesterday.

i forgot he had a mullet. it made me laugh.

Hack said...

Ah, yes, so he did. But somehow he made it work. Kinda. Am I wrong? It may be that the Macgyver mystique has blinded me to the truth on this matter of the mullet.

Here's a question for anyone bored enough to answer: Which do you prefer, the Murdock character on Macgyver (his crazy evil nemesis who refuses to die) or the Murdock character on A-Team (who is just crazy)? Why?

Be sure to use a No. 2 pencil when writing your answers.

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous, that would be so fun to watch with you. Maybe sometime.

And Mr Anderson (no not from the matrix) is still going strong in SG1.

No nifty tricks there though, just guns and witty comments.

and look, I've commented twice on your blog now. That proves I'm reading it. This is a great idea so I can know what you are up to.
... I'm watching ...

BillG said...

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the crazy, A-team Murdock, partly because I've never watched (hold your breath here) a full episode of MacGuyver. Ya gotta love a guy who has no real specialty (unlike the rest of the team, I might add) and yet still manages to be part of this "elite" military unit.

As to MacGuyver, I'll have to go with Sideshow Bob's (Simpsons) comment: "That was an interesting piece of non-claptrap that never made me want to retch."

*Dang. That comment looks better if you read it and think of Kelsey Grammer's (Frasier Crane) voice.*

Hack said...

No real specialty? He was the one who was able to help them out from within the mental hospital because he actually was experiencing mental problems, or he was just really good at faking it. Probably a little of both. Also, he was the airplane pilot who could fly anything, no? And was he not the one person who could get B.A. Baracus to say "Crazy fool!" faster than anyone else?