Thursday, March 24, 2005

Even This Title is Tired

Just got home. It's almost midnight. Need sleep.

I have been in Oita, the town I taught in for a year when I first came to Japan. It was good, overall, though I didn't go to any onsen (hot springs) and I didn't get to see some of the people I was hoping to. But I had a great time with the people I did meet, and I definitely made good use of my time in that I didn't waste much of it sleeping.

And it was fun being awakened by an earthquake on Sunday morning.

Apologies for a post-free week. I was travelling and I didn't even check my email. I did send a new picture while I was fishing though.... Anyway, leaving for Taiwan on Sunday for a week. Don't know for sure but I think I will spend a little time online while I am there.

Right now I must rest for I am weary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally back eh? I was wondering if the earthquake had gotten you after all. How I long for the sweet sound of "Beppu! Beppu! Beppu!" the happy times of New York karaoke, and the beam of power that leads us all to the love hotel. Just because this never gets old, here it is:

http://www3.tky.3web.ne.jp/~edjacob/nasubi.html

May I suggest that it deserves its own post?

Hack said...

The 'beam of power' has never been powerful enough to lead me to a love hotel, or at least not inside one! And I didn't hear the sweet sound of "Beppu! Beppu! Beppu!", but I knew I was there because of the odor of the hot springs. Don't remember it being that strong. Paid the obligatory visit to New York karaoke; it was a four hour marathon, but I only went once!