Thursday, February 10, 2005

Open Up and Say Moo

Tonight I went with three beautiful young Japanese women to a very special restaurant. It is special because the entire menu consists of various manifestations of the same cuisine: cow tongue. We started off with the cow tongue steak fingers, followed by raw cow tongue slices. Next was barbecued cow tongue with garlic, and finally cow tongue soup. Dessert was an exception: green tea ice cream topped with sweet bean paste. Mmm, tasty!

Also, while I am on the topic of culinary experiences, last week I finally ate fugu, the blowfish that can kill you if it isn't prepared correctly. That was really good. The cow tongue, though a bit chewy, was yummy too--as long as I didn't think about what I was eating. Tasting that which itself once tasted cud... not a particularly appetizing notion.

2 comments:

Will said...

Did I tell you about the non-toxic fugu? Apparently this group of scientists has developed a type of fugu with no poison whatsoever, merely by strictly controlling the diet of regular fugu. Wild, weird shtuff.

Anonymous said...

waiting for a new post is killing me . . . as is the now very real prospect of you getting nuked. Though I suppose that would allow you to go out in a blaze of reactive glory, perhaps not a bad ending.