Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Double Tall Caffeinated Paranoia

Annoying experience: I went into a coffee shop to have some lunch and at a nearby table there were two Japanese girls in their twenties, one of whom was wearing a rather short skirt (despite the fact that it was freezing cold outside--fashion slave!). They were talking pretty loudly, rudely in fact, enjoying themselves and their coffee. I turned in that general direction to call the waitress over for more coffee, and, at that moment, the girl who wore pants whispered something to skirt girl. Skirt girl immediately reached for her coat and put it in her lap, and then looked at me, accusingly. For the next five minutes the two girls were very quiet, conducting their entire conversation in whispers, with occasional glances in my direction. Grrr.

First of all, I wasn't trying to look up your skirt, skirt girl. Second, if you are so concerned about it maybe you should think more about how you dress, 'cause that was one short skirt. Third, don't flatter yourself. Any interest I might have had in your legs eroded soon after I (and everyone else in the coffee shop) heard you talk. So there.

2 comments:

Will said...

Ugh. I hate that. It's the worst on the trains.

Anonymous said...

You know, Don't wear short skirt if you care about that!! That is what I want to say to her.