Friday, February 25, 2005

Hello Dolly

Today I ate out at two great restaurants, bought some downright funky Japanese retro remixed music, and actually managed, almost miraculously, to secure a seat on the fast train during rush hour. And I involuntarily spent 10 precious minutes of my life comparing the quality of various Barbies and other dolls. "This one has actual eyelashes, but this one's are just painted on." Stuff like that. There was one that was pretty sexy, and she did in fact have eyelashes. And a skull for a belt. And a short skirt. And yes I did look up it. She was wearing leopard print undies. If you think me perverse, I ask you, would you not have done the same? If not, why not? Besides, the female friend I was with looked too. So that makes it OK. Pretty sure. It may have been a necessary act to achieve some sort of balance, or something, after my monumental, though in the end futile, perseverance in the coffee shop.

1 comment:

Heather said...

i totally would of looked.

atleast the doll was wearing underwear...those barbies are usually comando....lol...