Monday, February 21, 2005

Nothing New Under the Sun

The title of this post was almost the original title of this blog. A bit ironic, I think, as I recently discovered that what I thought was a clever play on words is not at all unique. It was my own narcissism that led me to this revelation. I typed the words "Pilgrim's Digress" on a search engine and found lots of matches, including at least one book title, none of which had anything to do with me or this fledgling blog. Now accepting nominations for a new title.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How bout "Tristar Tony's Tchotchke"?

oh yeah, and to sarumi, genki yo.

Will said...

I think "Now Accepting Nominations for a New Title" is a good one.

Anonymous said...

why don't you put some japanese name?

gomeiyage, I'm genki,too yo.

Heather said...

how about:

"yummy cow tongue"

"karaoke pro-star extraordinaire "

"mr bubble: live from my tub!!"

"grasping the ugly duckling" (ooooh, that's dirty!)

"(insert something witty in japanese here)"

seriously, you could write something out phonetically in english letters, and then have the explanation underneath. some silly proverb that makes no sense when transferred into english.

i don't know, it's 1:34 am, i just found out that hunter s. thompson SHOT HIMSELF, and i've had a lot of wine. i should really sleep. but if i think of something, i will be sure to post it!

bye
HKD