Friday, November 03, 2006

Alive and Clicking


I have so much to say that I will say nothing. Well, almost nothing. This photo is from the homestead in eastern Oregon. Visited there last month, though as usual I didn't have nearly enough time. This picture is a lot like how I have been feeling lately, which is also one of my reasons for such a prolonged absence from merry adventuring. These days I am an angry, lonely man, and my countenance is a stop sign to those who might approach me, while my gut is filled with rocks. No not kidney stones, but little balls of rage that threaten to produce ulcers and rob me of precious sleep. But I am getting better, I think. I have to go have dinner with someone I don't even like now so that I can get my DVDs back. After I get home, maybe I will write something happy. Perhaps, just as influenza led to the creation of this blog, extreme irritation will foster more nifty results. We can only wait and hope! By the way, the technical term for this apparatus, which forms the corner of a barbed-wire fence line (and I will leave it to the reader to continue the analogy--or not... I am feeling rather prickly), is "rock dummy". How very fitting. Grrr. Be nice to me or I might write a post that I will later have to erase in regret. Don't tempt the fury.

4 comments:

Hack said...

PS Note how the road appears to be leading nowhere, and the rock dummy is actually broken. I like to overanalyze, and apparently overanalogize, but no more so than when provoked.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see your still alive and that you'll be getting those DVDs back. Mr. Bean is worth some irritation me thinks. How's things with the over-worked and anti-photographed?

Hack said...

Gomiyage,

The answer is in the adjectives.

Hack said...

Or, garbage gift, you may follow the red letter road to John 19:30. I saw red and now you can too.