Monday, June 27, 2005

Everybody Dance Now!

Tonight as I was walking home I noticed that I could read the names of more than half of the Japanese families living in my neighborhood. I was very encouraged by this and I started keeping stats of my hit and miss ratio. This was good, too, because it took my mind off the fact that I really needed a toilet. Unfortunately, as often happens in my little world, my mind was drawn too far astray and as a result so was I. I walked past my street and by the time I realized it, turned around and got the key in the door, I was dancing. Not because I wanted to dance, but because it was necessary to maintain some semblance of sphincter control. Got a little carried away patting myself on the back and almost had to find a dark corner. But fortunately there was a happy ending this time. Perhaps I should hedge my bets and make a note of potential emergency stops en route to my apartment should this ever happen again.... I was never a Boy Scout but I am a fan of the motto, "Be prepared." I think that is the reason why I always have twice as much baggage as I need when I travel. That is until Rome.... Not again. Here I am blabbing on when I should be correcting homework, doing lesson plans, and writing a speech in Japanese. Yeah, the nature of the beast....

A tangent to the already tangential: While whiling the night away in Nagoya last weekend at a karaoke bar, I sang the song that begins with the phrase atop this post. Oh, and I was good too. Well, all things considered. You CAN name that tune, right? "The music is my life!"

3 comments:

ldmiller said...

I paid the price to control the dice. I'm more precise to the point I'm nice... I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut to move your butt to the dance floor, so, yo, what's up?

BillG said...

I always wonder if the woman who sang that song ever did anything else . . . I mean, come on, can you imagine her trying to sing a blues or jazz song, like "Come Away With Me?"

"Jump to the rhythm jump jump jump to the rhythm jump . . ."

Anonymous said...

It appears the panopoly of posting had died.