Sunday, January 08, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Last night I got back to my own bed in Japan, after two weeks of travelling. I took Sominex on the plane and for the first time I can remember I had a good flight and actually slept. No jet lag. It is a beautiful thing. Today I had planned to do a lot of cleaning, but alas my neck is painfully opposed to that idea. If it is from sleeping on the plane, it is a price I am willing to pay. Anyway, today's news: I found 10,000 yen in the pocket of some jeans I haven't worn for months. That's about $91 U.S. Travelling ended up costing a bit more than I expected, so it is a well-timed discovery. Also today my Australian friend Mark leaves Japan. I don't have a lot of foreign friends, or friends who can speak English. And the ones I do have keep leaving.... Oh well. Comes with the territory I reckon. Happy travels, mate, and good luck with your software.

As for pictures, well, I do hope to post some, but as it turns out I hardly took any in the U.S. I took a few in Hiroshima, though....

Who thinks it is immature for a 29-year-old to like video games?

More later....

4 comments:

Will said...

Okaeri!

Anonymous said...

That 10,000 yen is mine! ha ha:)

Anonymous said...

Hey Tony, welcome back! I hope you got my keitai mail about getting together after the 16th! Can't wait to hear more about your trip. :) I was in the states as well! You can see the lame pics of us in Flagstaff, AZ (of all places!) on my website here: http://groups.msn.com/aboutangela
I usually go to Seattle too (where I'm from) but just didn't have the time, this time.
See ya around! :)

BillG said...

Welcome back home, Tony. Glad to hear that you had a good flight back to Japan--sometimes things can get a little crazy on those long plane rides.

Megan's getting close! Pray for us--the baby will be considered "full term" (which means Megan could go into labor at any time) next week.

Billy