Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Going Native

March is ending, so in order to be able to say I have posted something every month, here is a post.

Tonight I went to the grocery store and used my newly acquired member's card to get "Pure Water" in a 3.8 liter bottle, along with probably way too much half-price food. (Shopping for half-price items at supermarket closing time is one of my hobbies/money-saving techniques. I know, it's an exciting life I lead.) Among the plethora of delectable goodies was this sushi, which normally doesn't appeal to me that much. I don't dislike it; I just don't get excited about it. Especially not as a main course.

But tonight it cried out, "Eat me! Eat me!" And so I obliged. Not only was it much better than I expected, but it filled my stomach as well. In over 7 years in Japan, I do believe this is a first. Wacky.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I was trying not to comment on every post because I was afraid I'd sound too stalkerish. But I'm commenting now out of fear that without comments you'll think no one is reading and stop posting!